CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Black Girls Rock!


I designed this poster for our controversial issues poster project. With issues like aids, gay rights, and racism on our list of topics, I decided to choose an issue of my own that is still very prominent in our time - self hate. I see a lot of documentaries on young girls who will do whatever it takes to look like the girl in the magazine because they hate who they are or how they look. I wanted to send out a message that sometimes that look could be impossible to achieve but if you have confidence in yourself, your inner beauty will shine through. Black Girls Rock Inc. is a real company and they did a special on BET so I just imagined myself making a poster for their cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment